Tonight I was just listening to my favourite track from the album: "Risa" by Lusine Icl (though he is more well known as just Lusine) and I remembered how it was funny that I ended up with the CD.
I was doing my security guard thing for Group 4 and asked to go to this random empty office block in some part of London that I have zero recollection of. When I got there, I put on the radio and left it on the first station I found playing good music. The DJ gave out a number and said to phone in if you wanted to win a copy of this CD. I did and got through to him straight away. The phone didn't even ring, if I remember correctly. So he asked me a bit about myself and got my details and I received the CD a few days later.
The reason I'm recounting all this is because it reminds me how we can attach a meaning to certain music. This album will always remind me of my time living in London, as I remember playing it to people at the SAE while I was doing my Audio Engineering Diploma there too.
And yet, it's kinda just a n0-big-deal collection of relatively unknown electronic producers. I guess that says to me that little things can mean a lot to people. And we don't all have to be fucking MEGA STARS to make an impact on people.
But more than that, this story reminds me how sometimes taking a little notion to try something "new" or a bit silly (making a phone call to a radio station when I just started my shift for example) can lead to interesting results.
I'm also going to get back into doing my "Morning Pages" and finally read Walking In The World by Julia Cameron. I remember when I read The Artist's Way, (a similar book by the same author) it mentioned how the Universe can open for us when we ask for something; How strange co-incidences and opportunities happen when we are open to them. Basically, I'm not really into a lot of this "New Age"-y kinda bullshit, but I definitely got a lot of use out of the Artist's Way and I was very creative and productive while going through it.
But I have to say, remembering that story tonight, while also having decided to start my morning pages again, reminds me what it was like when some of those strange little opportunities came about and lead to interesting new results or experiences. So I think this is a very good decision.
No comments:
Post a Comment