So I've been sober for 6 months now! I've made half a year without a drop of booze, a slip of liquer or a smattering of beer...?
And what better way to have celebrated this bit of a milestone than at the first Yo Yo night @ Slide, tonight! Niall and I did the 80s theme with proper professional joy! We had ALL the songs people wanted. Every request (except maybe two) we had and there were a lot of requests! I'd say it was about a 90% success rate, as far as that's concerned, but the place was buzzing, it was filled, people were singing along to their favourites and shaking their "thang". It was a massive success and I'm so very damn chuffed!
Other than that... Meh. I don't know. I can't think of much else to say. Things are going damn well at the moment, even though I'm not exactly in the most comfortable financial place, I'm quite happy right now.
So... Here's to another 6 months of sobriety (raises glass... of blackcurrant cordial).
Cheers!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment