My photo
Belfast, Ireland
I'm Martin Byrne, I'm a musician and songwriter from Belfast, N. Ireland. I write music for theatre, digital media and "other". I play a variety of instruments. I have written and produced quite a lot of music. When I'm not at home making music, I am out performing it with or without other awesome musicians. Cheers for having a wee juke!

Wednesday, 7 April 2010

Day 157

Not much to say other than the obvious:

Yep. I'm still sober! Still rocking the non-alcoholism. Still reaping the benefits and seeing no downside to it whatsoever.

Yep. I still hate my shitty job.
After the recent week I wrote about, of awesome coolness and many great creative things, this last week of night shifts has worn me down and made me pretty miserable actually.

I've applied for a few other jobs and had one call back yesterday, it's another security job, but hopefully something more permanent so I can structure my time around it properly. We'll see. Not getting my hopes up though, as the dreaded "RETAIL SECURITY" was mentioned and I'm not interested in that, not for love nor money. Well unless the money was ludicrous, like £20 an hour, then I'd probably do it alright.

So being deflated and demotivated at work, I've not done much music or creative stuffage, though I have been writing a bit, mostly terrible (comedy) lyrics and whacky shenanigans like that. It's a laugh-hoot riot a minute at work, I can tell ye! I definitely think the job is slowly making me ... I was going to say "a wee bit mad" but, lets face it, I'm already a wee bit mad, that's been established. The job is taking what little sanity I have left! There. I think that's a fairer way of saying it.

Sigh.

Right. Time for a few hours kip. Some nice things to look forward to at least: Tonight some jammage and new tune writing with the Baps of Huggington, Friday some recording with our trio in QUBe and Sunday Hexxed practice. Maybe FHO practice on Saturday too.

Oh. That reminds me!

How could I possibly forget?! *smirk*

The Hexxed album: The Synapse Collision, is now available to order from our official website!
http://hexxed.co.uk/ Get on over there to hear some samples and to order yourself a copy... NAY!!!

The packaging and artwork is really something special, I'm not just saying that: it's a beautiful product! I've had little to do with any of this and must say that Owen and Steve seemed to have done much of the hard work of getting the CDs sorted, but I'm still really proud to be involved.

The Distortion Project gig at the Spring & Airbrake in May will be a ... memorable... event, me thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment