Well it's Christmas time again. I've got my pressies all wrapped up and I'm chilling out by the Christmas tree, with my laptop, broadband, external hard drive (with hundreds of films) and TV (just in case) all next to me. Oh and not to forget those lovely mince pies!
Heading up to my parents tomorrow and looking forward to the festivities. Yes, all those silly, pointless things that make Christmas what it is. I love them. Just for one day.
Other than that, not much to report. Been out a couple of times to bars with friends, have been questioned about my reasons for doing this Sober For A Year challenge a few times and have found zero temptation to drink. I guess there's sometimes a tiny little part of me thinking (as I predicted before it would) "I've quit long enough now, I've nothing more to prove anymore, a wee drink would hardly be a big deal now!" which is just my willingness to give into social pressure. My willingness to question my own principles. It still bothers me that I can give into self-doubt so easily. I guess I can be modest, I don't give myself enough credit for the cool things I have done in my life, because I think modesty is more 'attractive', but actually it often just means people don't respect you or take you so seriously.
Well, I see big changes in the New Year. New things and shiz. Hopefully.
For now, I'm away to watch some crap 80s Sci-Fi. Yeeeeeeeeeeeooooooo!!
Have a good one folks!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment