The last few days have involved (prepare for Bullet Points!! *KAPOW!*):
- Being interviewed about my experiences with Mephedrone (which will hopefully draw some folk to this blog).
- A lovely "not a party" with some very cool people. A Reich of 29 and 30 year olds (See here). It was LOVELY. LOVELY!!!
- The premier of Geoff Gatt's solo album "Ten Year Road" at the Black Box, where I caught up with a bunch of the old "Hippos Crowd" (people who I acted/sang alongside with, in Geoff's musical Hippos In The Shower)
- Potential for some gigs with a new electronic music project.
- A really enjoyable lunchtime concert performing with the QUBe.
- Seeing The Ex, 65DaysofStatic and Battles in Dublin. (Adebisi Shank also played but only caught their last song, I've seen them live a few times, they're awesome, just a shame the people I was with didn't get to... Well it was their own fault for dilly-dallying over their Guinness in the pub wasn't it? They've only got themselves to blame, don't they?... I digress. ) Anyway, 65Daysofstatic played some new stuff and it was insanely good! Big Prodigy-esque beats with guitars. I wasn't expecting it and I danced my boney ass off! Battles are amazing performers. Guitar and keyboard playing at the same time, along to bass loops, while John Stanier bangs the drums like a ticking machine (poor bugger): Quite an exciting experience. Although I must confess that I don't find their music that inspiring. Some very nice grooves, but a bit too much arsing about. Class musicians and totally on top of their game though.
Hopefully going to be experiencing more of said 'Phat Beats' in the Menagerie tomorrow night, courtesy of ECKER Christmas Party. Yes please sir. I shall indeed have more bass in thine face! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Sounds like you've had a most righteous couple of days dude. And all the better to enjoy them sober too, I'll bet. Keep up the good stuff.
ReplyDeleteCheerses dude! I'm only catching up with Blog comments now. I appreciate the encouragement thanks!!
ReplyDelete