My photo
Belfast, Ireland
I'm Martin Byrne, I'm a musician and songwriter from Belfast, N. Ireland. I write music for theatre, digital media and "other". I play a variety of instruments. I have written and produced quite a lot of music. When I'm not at home making music, I am out performing it with or without other awesome musicians. Cheers for having a wee juke!

Tuesday, 5 January 2010

2010 - Day 67

Sober for 67 days. Going strong. Thanks for all the recent donations folks, I really appreciate it!

Things in recent happenings of newsy stuffage:

Worked 1st Jan 2010, doing a 17 hour shift. Fun!

Followed swiftly by, and with only 2 hours sleep, a trip to Dublin for the day with my brother. Saw the Irish National Gallery (lots of meh paintings about religion and shiz, I quite liked the architecture of the place though) and visited the Guinness Storeroom (lots of meh information about how Guinness is made, followed by a lovely view from the "Gravity Bar" at the very top of the place). It was freezing and icy and overall I think we had a nice day out but also felt like we could have seen a lot more. Although as my bro pointed out, a lot of the tourist stuff didn't really look that interesting, it was more just about ticking boxes.

Still, I wouldn't mind going back (a lot earlier though) and seeing more of the other galleries (like the Modern Art Museum and the Photography Gallery etc.), the Zoo and the castles too!

So that was Saturday.

Saturday night I took a risk and ventured out on my own and was well chuffed to bump into some buddies. We all had good banter and a bit of a laugh. Then at 3am I decided to walk home as I wasn't in the mood to wait and fight for a taxi.

Got in about 3:30 and finally got some kip!

My sleeping pattern has been completely up the left since and so I've done bugger all else except chat with people online and watch films. It's now 4:25am and so as you can tell, I've still not sorted my sleeping pattern out, which means I'm going to go to bed in a moment and sleep until about noon. Meaning, I will probably end up doing fuck all again. Tsk, tsk, tsk. This is not how I planned to spend the beginning of 2010. No, no.

In other news, practice with Hexxed and Fragile Human Organs will be starting back again very soon. Along with some other ongoing music / sound design bits and bobs. Just need to get out of this sleepy lazy rut...

No comments:

Post a Comment