My photo
Belfast, Ireland
I'm Martin Byrne, I'm a musician and songwriter from Belfast, N. Ireland. I write music for theatre, digital media and "other". I play a variety of instruments. I have written and produced quite a lot of music. When I'm not at home making music, I am out performing it with or without other awesome musicians. Cheers for having a wee juke!

Sunday, 17 January 2010

Day 79

I'm still staying sober and it's still going great.

The weather has had me indoors and lazing about a lot. I haven't been given any work in the last two weeks, which is now a really serious concern. I've been to Dublin with my sister and that was good. Possibly going to be living there for a couple of weeks in March, so that's also very good!

I spent a bit of time with my immediate family and that's been good too.

I've been reading regularly again recently: I always have a book on the go.

I've been trying a "self-help" type thing, which is definitely having some positive effects, though it requires a lot more work from me that I'm not giving, as of yet. Details at another time (when I've fully made my decision on whether it's really worth it and worth sharing, or whether it's all a crock.)

I'm also trying to diet a bit, or at least cut down on sugar. I want to lose my tubby belly. Afterall, I have to look like a well-toned ROCK GOD in the not-so-distant future, when my two bands, Hexxed and Fragile Human Organs, start performing live! So it's time to stop eating bags of sugary sweets and all that kinda stuff. :sadface:

Although, without ANY sugary stuff, what does that leave me to drink in bars? Water? Perhaps I'll make an exception for fruit cordial or pure fruit juice.

I want to get a proper coffee machine (still) and at the same time I might buy myself some scales, so that I can take the idea of losing a wee bit of weight a tiny wee bit more seriously. I also have an ever growing list of new gear that would be very useful for the bands, some are important things regarding setup etc, others are just things that make me go "I WANT I WANT I WANT". Sigh.

All the more reason I need some way of making a living out of my 'little music hobbie' (Pah!).

Anyone need a DJ?

Shameless. I know.

In other news, I can't wait to be heading to London for the weekend, this Friday!
I'm really looking forward to meeting a couple of people and hopefully seeing some cool things.
I'm also just looking forward to getting away from Belfast for a couple of days, and so anything else is a bonus, but I suspect it's going to be a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment