The last couple of days were fine. I didn't have much more than that to say yesterday, so I didn't bother updating this here blogg-i-thon-mc-bloggy.
I've sat in on some more sessions, met a load of really interesting people, seen all sorts of great work from professionals in the industry, drank lots of coffee, ate loads of chocolate eclairs and today I actually got to help out on a session! We did some foley for an advert that's to be finished tomorrow. So that was cool. It's also nice that every session is quite different, depending on the clients and the work they want done. I'd like to be able to say, "there's never a dull moment", but in fairness, one particular business podcast recording had me really struggling to stay awake. Hence the need for chewy things (something to do with my mouth) and coffee (endurance levels enhancer)!
I've seen some minor celebs coming in for ADR and voice over stuff too. As a lot of the work is for advertising, I have heard some quite unique combinations of words in sentences, like: "the cheese needs to be more enthusiastic", or "more warmth on the word 'ham', if you could." etc. But to be fair, it's all good craic really.
I'm getting to work here next week too, so I'm definitely coming back on Monday and Tuesday. It seems that anyone who is actually from Dublin actually prefers to leave for St. Patricks day and let the tourists work away, so the studio is closed, but I still might be asked to do Thursday and Friday. Fingers crossed.
I also got to see more of Dublin, like the canal area beside where the new Grand Canal Theatre is. Which is quite class looking. I should remember to take some snaps tonight!
Only dilemma now, is trying to decide if I should stay in Dublin tomorrow night and come back to Belfast on Saturday, or just go back to Belfast tomorrow evening. Hmmm. Hmmm...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment