My photo
Belfast, Ireland
I'm Martin Byrne, I'm a musician and songwriter from Belfast, N. Ireland. I write music for theatre, digital media and "other". I play a variety of instruments. I have written and produced quite a lot of music. When I'm not at home making music, I am out performing it with or without other awesome musicians. Cheers for having a wee juke!

Tuesday, 4 January 2011

SOBER FOR A YEAR PART II - DAY 4

Sunday, the nicotine pangs: I have never wanted a cigarette so much in my life!

I still haven't got round to digging out and re-reading that Easyway book, which has helped me quit before. And after reading it, I never had ANY "withdrawl pangs", I just brushed them off with the smug satisfaction that I had now become a non-smoker.

Well on Sunday I would have cracked like Rice Crispies had I been anywhere near any tobacco product.

Today I didn't have any cravings at all. I forgot all about it. I was reminded of smoking when I was hacking up all the gooey green garbage in my chest and I was reminded of smoking this evening after finishing all my work on Day 3 of Song A Day For A Year, but I didn't want a cigarette at all. Perhaps Sunday was the worst of it?

I'll solidify that notion all the more by finding and reading the Easyway book again. But I'll dig it out in the morning, don't want to make a racket moving boxes about at this time of night.

In other news...

Sobriety goes well so far. SADFAY has kept me quite busy and feels pretty satisfying: so sobriety + creativity = good times. Now, if only I could find a way to make a living out of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment