My photo
Belfast, Ireland
I'm Martin Byrne, I'm a musician and songwriter from Belfast, N. Ireland. I write music for theatre, digital media and "other". I play a variety of instruments. I have written and produced quite a lot of music. When I'm not at home making music, I am out performing it with or without other awesome musicians. Cheers for having a wee juke!

Thursday, 3 June 2010

Day 216 - [CONTINUED]

So I am about to leave work and I have two choices: I finish at 7am, but the first bus doesn't get here until 7:30am. This bus will get me into town about 8am. However, I could make a mad dash to the next nearest bus stop, where there will be a bus at 7:16am and it will arrive in the City Centre (my destination) at 7:48, but it might take me 15 minutes to get there. The next bus from there will be 7:31.

The question is: Do I want to wait around here for 30 mintes, or make a mad dash to another bus stop, which in the end might not save me any time anyway.

Y'see to me there are pros and cons for both: Namely, I don't want to hang around here for 30 minutes, because doing "nothing" annoys me. And the idea of the mad dash means I get a bit of a run!

On the other hand, most sensible people would say "what's the point of rushing? You're not going to save anytime in the long run?" which is why I would normally go with that thinking, go get a cuppa tea and then casually stroll out to the bus stop.

The thing is, this is the last of my 4 nights in a row (I work 4 on / 4 off) and the excitement of getting home and getting off for 4 days is filling me with more enthusiasm for the run-for-the-bus-for-no-real-reason....

Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment