... well that decision was the right one!
I went for the rush-for-the-bus option and caught the other bus (I hadn't noticed on the time table) at 07:12. I ended up making it to my front door by 07:40! Normally I'm not home until 08:30! Getting home nearly an hour earlier is quite significant and has cheered me up no end!
Only thing I will have to change: Footwear! Running for a bus in heavy duty work shoes is quite sore: Converse in future! That'll shave another minute or so off the time it takes to get from work to the bus stop, which will be good.
OK, so enough of this thinking out loud stuff.
Basically, I just also wanted to add, how amazing it is for me, to connect with people. It's got to have something to do with the fact that I've been single for a fair few months now, but I think it also has something to do with being sober. Without drugs or drink to cause that shadow over my mind, I rejoice a lot more in making "real" connections with "real" things. I.e. people! And their interesting minds.
Honestly, it seems a little weird, but when I stumble upon a blog or a piece of literature where someone has expressed some interesting thoughts that click with me, I'm nearly overwhelmed with joy. For example: I really love this comic The idea of incremental steps is something that has, in part, been the basis of EVERYTHING I've done, over the last few years of my life. It's all a bit corny: But there's just a real joy from realising there are people out there who can express the things that I constantly think about but never find a way of sharing.
So I guess that is what encouraged todays stream of consciousness blogginess. So apologies, but you should direct your disapproval towards that comic. Or towards these other nuggets of wonderfully insightful thoughts
Thursday, 3 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow what an achievement a long time without drinking. Please visit my blog and see how I a dealing with getting started on the start to sobriety http://soberin100days.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteHey there Red, thanks for inviting me to your blog. I am now intrigued to follow more blogs like this. It is encouraging to be aware of other people who dealing with alcohol problems and experiences.
ReplyDeleteI guess I would love to read that, although you are quitting after 100 days, that you'll stop long before that in preparation for your sober life, but we'll just have to see. Good luck with it though, I will keep reading!
Cool. I can relate :) Humans get much more interesting the longer you are away from a drink. The antennae grow ? longer or something. Our radar gets bigger and we pick up more 'stuff' bout other people. well thats what I find.
ReplyDeleteIs Belfast rainy? We have soft summer light rain at the moment which reminds me of the pervasive Irish drizzleyness. Great for the skin :)
Well done for all those days without a drink, and for a good cause :)
And very pleased to see the BBC clip. Good for you :)
Thanks for the comments too btw :)