My photo
Belfast, Ireland
I'm Martin Byrne, I'm a musician and songwriter from Belfast, N. Ireland. I write music for theatre, digital media and "other". I play a variety of instruments. I have written and produced quite a lot of music. When I'm not at home making music, I am out performing it with or without other awesome musicians. Cheers for having a wee juke!

Monday, 16 November 2009

DAY 17

Still being sober. Whoo...

It's been pointed out to me that to raise more money for charity I'm going to have to consider doing more than... Well nothing. People aren't so keen to donate to someone NOT doing something for a year, so I reckon at some point I will need to think of smaller fundraisers to encourage donations. One idea was to go out on a pub crawl with a load of mates and when they are going to buy me a pint, I'll simply take the cash as a donation.

This would be a nice way to get together with people as a fundraising event, while also being a good test of my determination to stay sober being around all my mates who'd be getting rat-arsed and having a geg.

Been to training at work today, my first experience of the '9 - 5 Rat Race' since I worked in a miserable call centre a couple of years ago and I must say dear readers, I did not enjoy it one bit.

Whether I raise a lot of money for charity, get more work as a vocal performer or not, one thing I never want to do is a 9 - 5 job in any kind of city. To coin a phrase... F**K THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment