My photo
Belfast, Ireland
I'm Martin Byrne, I'm a musician and songwriter from Belfast, N. Ireland. I write music for theatre, digital media and "other". I play a variety of instruments. I have written and produced quite a lot of music. When I'm not at home making music, I am out performing it with or without other awesome musicians. Cheers for having a wee juke!

Friday, 2 July 2010

Day 245 - 35 Weeks

Yep, nothing much new to report: Sleeping pattern is totally upside down now. I'm failing miserably trying to fight it.

Bought a bike and started cycling to work, but got a puncture already! I'll sort that out in the next day or ... four...

I would like to discuss some stuff that kicked off via careless Facebook comments and a very strong reaction to it from a whole lot of people, which then attracted the attention of a couple of significant related groups and a small newspaper. This then prompted person responsible for said comments to retract them and apologise completely, offering to give money from his business to charity, in a massively 180 degree turn unseen in my lifetime! All of which was actually kicked off by myself merely mentioning it somewhere, in an attempt to draw attention to it.

I would like to discuss that, but I won't because it's big headed of me to say "I started all this" and starting it was a very tiny part in the whole thing, as it really did snowball quite quickly into something that got a lot of people talking. All I will say is that I have now seen how positive activism can be a bloody good thing and the experience of getting involved in it with like minded people, sharing ideas and making things happen, is incredibly rewarding and most of all... Fun!

In other news, hugs, cuddles and stuff. Oh my! ... err... but less of that sort of thing around these parts.

So I'm quietly excited about a few things at the moment.
(yippee)

No comments:

Post a Comment