My photo
Belfast, Ireland
I'm Martin Byrne, I'm a musician and songwriter from Belfast, N. Ireland. I write music for theatre, digital media and "other". I play a variety of instruments. I have written and produced quite a lot of music. When I'm not at home making music, I am out performing it with or without other awesome musicians. Cheers for having a wee juke!

Saturday, 7 November 2009

Day 8?

It's awfully confusing for me working out the days for this thing. Mainly because I quit 'officially' just after 1:00am on 30th October 2009. Basically that means by 31st Oct 09 I completed 1 day of sobriety. Actually... Hold on. It isn't confusing at all. I'm just being a pillock... Nevermind.

I walked to work tonight. A journey of about 45 mins. My foot seems to hurt more when I'm off my feet. So the first couple of minutes walking to work were a little sore, but then the pain subsided a bit. It's still hurting now, but I can walk again so that's something. I don't think I'm ready to jog yet. Cycling would be a bloody good idea: exercise and not having to worry about foot pain. I don't have a bike though. Hmmm.

The problem, as I mentioned before is the random night shifts in work. I am now here in work until 8am. When I leave here in the morning I will want to do little more than sleep. It's just the way my head works: After a long shift it's time to wind down, even if the entire shift consists of sitting in a portacabin, drinking tea, eating crisps and writing this blog.

Diet news:

Noodles and toast today. Tonight I'm having a nice chicken tikka baguette, pot noodle thing, crisps (and another guilty pleasure in the form of a lovely sugary big 2lt bottle of lemon fanta). Plus lots of camomille tea (been drinking LOADS of this stuff recently, in an attempt to cut down on caffeine).

No comments:

Post a Comment