My photo
Belfast, Ireland
I'm Martin Byrne, I'm a musician and songwriter from Belfast, N. Ireland. I write music for theatre, digital media and "other". I play a variety of instruments. I have written and produced quite a lot of music. When I'm not at home making music, I am out performing it with or without other awesome musicians. Cheers for having a wee juke!

Monday, 9 November 2009

Day 10

Walking to and from work is going well.
Eating too many Walkers Mango Chilli crisps (but it's only 92p for 6 packets!) however. Cycling or swimming is becoming a more and more sensible idea.

Pros:
Swimming would exercise more of my body.
Cycling would probably be a better 'cardio' workout (or something).
I live close to QUB's Gym. There's also FitSpace not far from me.
There's also Falls Swimming Pool. Andersonstown Leisure centre. Olympia Leisure centre. All within reasonable distance to me.

Cons:
Gyms are too expensive and I don't want to sign up to some contract.
I feel awfully prudish about getting into wee swimming trunks / been years since I've gotten naked around other men in the shower room. Feel all... umm... Yea...

These are pretty weak "cons" aren't they?

I can just use the leisure centres the odd time, just to see if I like them before signing any contract. As for swimming trunks, I can use shorts. Stripping off in shower room? I can use a towel.

OK. No more silly excuses.

I am also considering buying a bike again.
Someone stole my last one. Though to be honest I was kinda glad, as I was about to move house and it wouldn't have fit in the removal van. Plus I was sick of constantly fixing punctures on it.

Still haven't found a charity to do all this for. I was thinking Children In Need which is coming up on the 20th November, but I don't know if a year long fundraiser would appeal to them. I suppose I could phone them. Must research a bit more...

No comments:

Post a Comment