"Gift aid is tax relief on money donated to UK charities.
We treat donations as if the donor had already deducted basic rate tax from them. The charity can then reclaim this tax to increase the value of a donation."
Basically this means that for every £5 donation there's an extra £1.41 in Giftaid that the charity gets. That's the good news.
The bad news is that something (I'm yet to fully understand, even after the Just Giving help team and I have been emailing back and forth) is preventing people from donating using a debit card. Apparently when you choose this option the donation goes into my Paypal account, but it doesn't go through JustGiving.com, meaning no Giftaid is added.
I guess it's a bit of a shame that some donations won't be able to recieve the added bonus of Giftaid, but I don't want to scare people off from donating with whatever means they have, so please keep it coming!
As for the debit card donations, I've put them through JustGiving from my Paypal account.
No comments:
Post a Comment